Meredith

Saturday, March 17, 2007

The most domestic St. Patty's Day ever

So here it is St. Patty's Day. it's 12 a.m. and I am so mind-numbingly bored I've decided to post on my blog for the first time in months. This is what I get for taking a three hour nap today. Van has already retired to bed with a toothache.
So tonight Van gets home from work dons a green sweater and some Shamrock Mardi Gras beads drinks a couple Guiness Beers and we take off to a Bar/Restaurant called Dooley's. We've not only got our own two children but we have a friend along for our 9 year-old. Now I know what Van is thinking. He's thinking "I'll park the family at a table in the non-smoking section and get up on the pretense of 'needing to go have a smoke' so I can peruse the bar area for friends." Well we get to Dooley's, the children are uber-hyper in the backseat and, of course, it's packed. Van goes inside to "check on the wait" and after about 15 minutes (I have a feeling he was perusing for the afore mentioned friends) he comes back, looking downtrodden, because, of course, the wait is too long. Any wait over 15 minutes is too long for Van. So we head off in search of another restaurant with video games for the children...and a bar for Van.
We end up at Buffalo Wild Wings. Now we've been there once before and I had the "Jerk chicken sandwich"..from hell. and Van had the chicken wings that he didn't like and we resolved never to eat there again. But alas, here we were, walking in with two kids, a baby, and Van and his Mardi Gras beads. PAR-TAY.
So later, back in the truck, annoying children in the back seat, Van says "I think I'm getting crabby", which is immediately followed by his car giving us the "fuel-is-low" ding.
And that my friends, was St. Patty's Day '07.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Jo said...

Love that last part.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home