Meredith

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Went to main street

St. Charles in an annual lunch and shopping with Vince's mom and sister and aunts and female cousins. It was way to crowded I was so sad. I look forward to our lunch and shopping outing all year. Also my mother went with us for the first time this year. She ordered an O'Doul's and that's always a little embarassing to me. I mean if you're pregnant and at a bar-be-que and normally a beer drinker and just are dying for the taste then fine. But it was 11 am, we were at a luncheon, my mother is not a drinker, someone ordered a bloody mary and so my mom wanted to be cool too and got the O'Doul's. Then after discussing the menu with everyone around her she asked what the soup was. And that was it for me, I was fully annoyed. Does your mother do little things to drive you nuts? We took her out to dinner once before and she told the waitress she just wanted "something little", to which our waitress stood in silence not sure how to reply to that. Then she awkwardly commented on a bejewled sweater Vince's aunt Bonnie was wearing. "you really can wear that all winter and not just for christmas!". It's hard to explain but I like my mom better when she's just with me and we can discuss woodpeckers and river levels and other assorted nerdy things without embarassing ourselves.

So after lunch we tried walking in and out of the stores but I couldn't take the no elbow room crowds in the tiny shops and we opted to just go home, I did get my sophie an awesome outfit so all was not lost. On our way home we stopped by her house and picked up Tasha, who got so excited to see my mom that she had an asthma attack for a full 10 minutes (this according to my mother is called a 'backwards' sneeze), according to the vet it is perfectly fine but still it's hard to watch a little dog gasping for air all from the excitement of my mother walking in the door. "It's a trait of this breed", mom says and again I think of the passive aggressive 17th century Mongolian (or what-have-you) dog breeder who not only made a cute but annoying dog but made one that occassionaly can't breathe it gets so excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home